TERMS OF REFERENCE / JOB DESCRIPTION
Post Title: Teachers
Project Title: Learning Pods Expansion
Duty Location: 90% virtual
Duration: 10 months Maximum; annual contract, renewable annually
Responsible to: Senior Program Analyst
Driven by a belief that all students, regardless of circumstance, deserve the same opportunities to reach their potential, we work with K-12 students to remove barriers to success. We provide students with the unique academic support they need to succeed. We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to join our team to provide strong team support of club leaders to ensure effective operations within each Learning Pod and help build the next generation of leaders in Guyana.
NATURE OF WORK: We are looking for talented Math, Science & English (Retired) Teachers to host online classes. 2hrs per day, 5 days per week. STEMGuyana provides detailed lesson plans. Your job is to guide, facilitate, answer questions from 1st – 10th grade students. Some Saturdays required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Read lesson plans and prepare worksheets before each class session.
- Log into Zoom (Be familiar with basic zoom functions)
- Facilitate lessons for the day, answer questions
- Demonstrate patience and respect for all students
- Be engaging and interact with students
- Identify clubs that require additional support (as demonstrated by zoom session feedback)
- Submit weekly reports to Program Analysts
- Participate in webinars, trainings and meetings as requested
- You must be qualified as a trained teacher OR
- You must have achieved grade 1 in Math, English, Science CXC
- Comfortable with internet and technology
- You must be a quick study
- MUST HAVE INTERNET CONNECTION AT HOME
SALARY RANGE: 10hrs / week minimum, $1000 GY / Hr
Afternoon / evening hrs
Candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and CV email@example.com. CVS will be reviewed immediately, and the position is open until filled. to STEMGuyana does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, or disability.
STEMGuyana Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.