TERMS OF REFERENCE / JOB DESCRIPTION
Post Title: Program Analyst
Project Title: Learning Pods Expansion
Duty Location: Blended (Virtual & Georgetown office)
Duration: 24 months Maximum; annual contract, renewable annually
Responsible to: Program Director
Driven by a belief that all students, regardless of circumstance, deserve the same opportunities to reach their potential, we work with K-12 students to remove barriers to success. We provide students with the unique academic support they need to succeed. We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to join our team to provide strong team leadership of club leaders to ensure effective operations within each Learning Pod and help build the next generation of leaders in Guyana.
NATURE OF WORK: The Senior Program Analyst is responsible for the oversight and implementation of learning pod tutorial groups in communities across all regions of Guyana. This person will oversee learning pod site Coordinators, be responsible for data collection and reporting, enhance relationships with partner organizations and help coordinate all activities involving the pod program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Site Coordinator Program Management
- Oversee the recruitment, screening and hiring process for new club leaders.
- Assess learning pod needs and provide ongoing technical assistance, support, and professional development to maintain high quality service provision in accordance with total quality standards.
- Provide direct supervision to Learning Pod Analyst
- Work with analysts to ensure learning pod needs are being met through strong student support, which includes collaboration with pods on school-based program design and support implementation and ongoing efforts.
- Create an annual calendar of dates and supporting materials for pods.
- Schedule & manage Learning pod site evaluators bi-monthly site visits/check-ins.
- Oversee the completion of the school needs assessment and annual site plans.
- Create the team meeting agendas to ensure dissemination of information, collaborative problem solving and ongoing transparent communication.
- Monitor learning pod data collection to assess delivery and ensure program impact and provide data for grants and other reports to the community.
- Work with analysts to collect monthly stories/testimonials from pods and develop & manage a “story bank.”
- Work closely with all stakeholders to ensure consistency of model implementation and share best practices.
- Work with community service providers and organizations and enhance relationships with partner schools this includes monthly check-ins with partners.
- Participate in webinars, trainings and meetings as requested to ensure compliance with strategic directives and priorities around service delivery.
- Coordinate site visits for funders, volunteers and those interested in our work.
Mentor Program Management
- Work with analysts to manage program volunteers
- Schedule and coordinate volunteer activities, including training and orientation.
- Maintain a database for volunteers and prospects.
- Develop and coordinate annual mentor field trip and mentor appreciation event.
- Support the development/maintenance of a strong and supportive internal staff network.
- Work with analysts to ensure that troubleshooting process is efficient and effective
- Provide program information and overview of accomplishments for Executive Director, Board of Directors, and community outreach.
- Assist Development Consultant with resource development including providing content for grant proposals, hosting site visits, supporting fundraising events and other support as requested.
- Recruit and support volunteer efforts as identified.
- Represent STEMGuyana with a positive and professional image at events and meetings as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Volunteer experience in place of work experience ok
- Be smart and self confident
- Have an innovative, proactive mindset & approach.
- Evidence of strong relationship and leadership skills with peers, and community partners.
- Flexibility and solution focused approach within a changing environment.
- Combination of excellent analytical skills and ability to be creative.
- Able to work within a collaborative team but comfortable making decisions and helping to move things forward.
- Experience in volunteer management, public relations, school organizations/operations, and/or volunteer or other youth program involvement.
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple priorities, with strong time management skills.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Find ways to improve processes around you
SALARY RANGE: Full-time, $140,000 – $180,000
Candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and CV email@example.com. CV will be reviewed immediately, and the position is open until filled. to STEMGuyana does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, age, marital status, or disability.
STEMGuyana Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.