TERMS OF REFERENCE / JOB DESCRIPTION
Post Title: Personal Assistant
Project Title: STEMGuyana
Duty Location: Blended (Virtual & Georgetown office)
Responsible to: Executive Director
Driven by a belief that all students, regardless of circumstance, deserve the same opportunities to reach their potential, we work with K-12 students to remove barriers to success. We provide students with the unique academic support they need to succeed. We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to join our team to provide strong team leadership of club leaders to ensure effective operations within each Learning Pod and help build the next generation of leaders in Guyana.
NATURE OF WORK: The personal assistant will support STEMGuyana Director is organizing and sometimes executing on major responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee the recruitment, screening and hiring process for staff & contractors
- Manage calendar and schedule meetings
- Organization of receipts and invoices
- Review / update social media posts
- Create and manage an annual calendar of special events
- Create working relationships with all key STEMGuyana stakeholders
- Help to brainstorm solutions
- Ability to navigate public service bureaucracy
- Accompany Director on site visits to learning pods, STEM clubs & special events
- Work with analysts to collect monthly stories/testimonials from pods and develop & manage a “story bank.”
- Work with community service providers and organizations and enhance relationships with partner schools this includes monthly check-ins with partners.
- Participate in webinars, trainings and meetings as requested to ensure compliance with strategic directives and priorities around service delivery.
- Coordinate site visits for funders, volunteers and those interested in our work.
- Schedule and coordinate volunteer activities, including training and orientation.
- Maintain a database for volunteers and prospects.
- Develop and coordinate annual mentor field trip and mentor appreciation event.
- Support the development/maintenance of a strong and supportive internal staff network.
- Provide program information and overview of accomplishments for Executive Director, Board of Directors, and community outreach.
- Assist Development Consultant with resource development including providing content for grant proposals, hosting site visits, supporting fundraising events and other support as requested.
- Recruit and support volunteer efforts as identified.
- Represent STEMGuyana with a positive and professional image at events and meetings as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Be smart and self confident
- Be comfortable with Maths & Science
- Demonstrate high EQ
- You are outgoing and positive
- You love to write, think, create, explore
- You are a critical thinker
- Have an innovative, proactive mindset & approach.
- Evidence of strong relationship and leadership skills with peers, and community partners.
- Flexibility and solution focused approach within a changing environment.
- Combination of excellent analytical skills and ability to be creative.
- Able to work within a collaborative team but comfortable making decisions and helping to move things forward.
- Experience in volunteer management, public relations, school organizations/operations, and/or volunteer or other youth program involvement.
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple priorities, with strong time management skills.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Find ways to improve processes around you
SALARY RANGE: Full-time, $140,000 – $180,000
Candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and CV email@example.com. CV will be reviewed immediately, and the position is open until filled. to STEMGuyana does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, age, marital status, or disability.
STEMGuyana Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.