Job Title: Program Manager
STEMGuyana Program Manager
Salary $180,000 GY
Work from home available
Significant travel around Guyana necessary
STEMGuyana is a private nonprofit organization whose mission is to ‘unleash the world-class technology education potential of Guyanese youths.’ The STEMGuyana organization partners with public and private groups to create STEM clubs for young people in communities all across Guyana. Through our partnerships, we provide curriculum and training for more than 70 clubs in 9 regions of Guyana. We are looking for applicants of high integrity, who are hardworking, without bias and who love technology.
The STEMGuyana organization is looking to hire a motivated, creative, team player for the position of program manager. The duties and responsibilities for the program manager position are outlined below;
- Coordinate STEM outreaches and activities across Guyana.
- Manage trainees, trainers, volunteers and staff.
- Represent STEMGuyana with various stakeholders, including government agencies and ministries; members of the private sector; local and international donors; and other local stakeholders.
- Participate in public relations activities, such as radio and television appearances.
- Ensure that the project/program finances are managed in a prudent and efficient manner. Review and analysis of expenditures, and financial forecasts.
- Contribute to the development of annual budgets and work plans.
- Work with the STEMGuyana management and resource mobilisation personnel to develop strategies to ensure finances are mobilised and maintained.
- Monitor donor policies, trends and funding mechanisms for STEMGuyana initiatives.
- Collaborate with the STEMGuyana team on proposal development to successfully secure grants from potential donor partners.
- Contribute to the development and use of monitoring, evaluation and learning, mechanisms for STEMGuyana.
- The provision of accurate analysis and routine reporting on the impact and performance of the STEMGuyana programs.
Education and Experience
Master degree in relevant field of business administration, economics, international relations or social sciences and 3 years relevant experience/
A Bachelor’s degree with a combination of 5 additional years of relevant experience.
Required Core Values and Competencies
- Commitment to STEMGuyana mandate.
- Passion for knowledge sharing and continuous learning.
- Value diversity and equality.
- Capable of working well in teams.
- Capable of communicating information and ideas.
- Conflict and self-management abilities.
- Results oriented and commitment to excellence
Send writing sample and CV to email@example.com